Monday, May 17, 2010

Do YOU Believe In Magic?

I must admit, prior to two weeks ago, I didn’t. I actually purchased a body almost six weeks ago, but never put it on. It intimidated me (you can read all about it here). Then about a week and a half ago, I felt a burst of inspiration and woke up motivated from my progress with CrossFit and thought about the Body Magic still in the package it arrived in sitting in my closet. Baby E had just woken up and was peering at me curiously over her crib rail as I stood in the bathroom staring at the package. I glanced over at the clock on the night stand, it read 7:23. I turned back, stared at my determined reflection in the mirror, took the Body Magic out of the bag. I’d gotten advice on how to put it on (Hint: turn it inside out and roll it up your body) from my friend who turned me on to Ardyss and I stepped into the unknown.

I wiggled it up over my hips and tucked my extra stomach “tissue” down into the stretchy fabric. Baby E, laughed and giggled and started wiggling along with me enjoying the show Mommy was putting on. I felt like she was cheering me on, so I worked the straps up over my shoulder and pulled the sides together over my midsection. My first effort had me attaching the closure in the first row, but thanks to regular CrossFit Pulse visits, I had to fasten it on the last row of the three rows. That felt good and as I closed the last hook, I felt a distinct sense of accomplishment, I did it! I put on the Body Magic and the clock read 7:33. Ten minutes indeed. I cheered and Baby E cheered with me, laughing with delight because I was so happy and that made her happy.

It was snug, but not tight. It was fitted, but not uncomfortable. It definitely made me stand up straight (you have no choice but to pull your shoulders back to up the comfort factor), but I didn’t feel like I was in a Chinese torture device. It lifted the girls (a little too high! Wearing an underwire bra with it will have the twins under your chin—literally. It’s not a look I’d go for, but…). And when I put on my slinky pewter shirt and fitted black pants, I was sold! It created it's own curves to hug. And even had a friend at work remarking how my booty, which is already a statement on its own saying, "Pow!" No rolls and dare I say, I had an hourglass shape. I squatted a couple of times to test my range of motion and was surprised at how it moved with me. I felt good (ok, not GOOD, but more comfortable than any other girdle I can remember wearing), and after lifting and playing with Baby E, and spending a work day in it (WITHOUT the leg openings rolling up and cutting off my circulation—that’s a standard big girl issue with regular long-line girdles for the uninitiated), the proverbial Kool-aid was tasting good! So, do I believe in Magic? I didn’t, but I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment